Magnetic Pickups come in several thread sizes and Thread Lengths.
Here are the steps:
(1) Choose either Passive or Active (Hall Effect) type Sensor -
RPM under 100 RPM will generally use a Hall Effect Sensor
(2) Choose Thread Size and Length
(3) Choose the classification - do you need FM or UL approval for hzardous areas?
(4) Choose the application - General Purpose, High Sensitivity, Power -
(5) Pick the type of connector.
(6) Choose the Mounting Bracket and Sensing Gear ( if required)
(7) Choose the Tachometer
AI-Tek Speed Sensors are used in a variety of applications.
AI-Tek Passive speed sensors convert mechanical motion to an AC voltage without the need of a power supply. These self-contained magnetic speed sensors produce a magnetic field which, when in the proximity of a ferrous object in motion, generate a voltage. The fequency of this voltage is directly porportional to the speed of the object in motion.
AI-Tek Hall Effect Speed Sensors are available in uni-directional and bi-directional models and utilize integral active signal conditioning electronics to provide constant amplitude output regardless of exciter speed. These speed sensors can be powered with a wide range of supply voltages and are compatible with digital equipment. These units are ideal for zero speed and very low speed applications.
Rail Car and Locomotive Traction
Aircraft gas turbine engines
Power Generating Stations
Off Road Vehicle Power take off
Vehicle Transmission Speed Control
No-drag Flow Meters (turbine meters)
Under/Over Speed Control
Waster Water lift pump
Process Control of mixers and pumps
Stamping Machine Control